Happy 7th Wedding Anniversary to Crown Princess Victoria and Prince Daniel of Sweden, who got married in a lavish ceremony on this day in 2010. Take a look at scenes from their wedding below-
The ceremony took place on the afternoon of June 19 at Stockholm Cathedral in the presence of 1,100 guests. It was officiated by the Archbishop of Uppsala, Anders Wejryd, with assistance from The Royal Court Chief Chaplain Lars-Göran Lönnermark, the Bishop of Lund, Dr. Antje Jackelén, and the Dean of the Cathedral, and Royal Court Chaplain, Åke Bonnier.
Following the ceremony, the couple rode in a carriage through the streets of Stockholm, and then boarded the the Royal Barge towards the Royal Palace of Stockholm.
The couple waved to the crowds from the balcony of the Royal Palace of Stockholm, and also gave speeches.
Afterwards, there was a Wedding Banquet for 560 guests in the Hall of State of the Royal Palace of Stockholm.
The wedding reception, which was opened by the bride and groom’s first waltz, continued late into the evening.
The bride and groom posing with their parents. From L-R: Queen Silvia (wearing the Braganza Tiara and Baden Topaz Parure), King Carl XVI Gustaf, Crown Princess Victoria, Prince Daniel, Ewa Westling and Olle Westling
The couple with the bridal party, which included her godchildren Prince Christian of Denmark, Princess Catherine Amalia of the Netherlands, and Princess Ingrid Alexandra of Norway, as well as their cousins, nieces, and relatives.
Crown Princess Victoria wore a cream-coloured duchess silk Pär Engsheden gown with the Cameo Tiara and Earrings and Queen Sofia’s Veil. Prince Daniel wore White Tie with the Sash and Star of the Order of the Seraphim, which was invested upon him after the ceremony.
There was a large royal contingent at the wedding, one of the biggest in modern times, including:
- Queen Margrethe (wearing the Pearl Poire Tiara and Parure), Prince Henrik, Crown Prince Frederik, and Crown Princess Mary (wearing the Danish Ruby Parure) of Denmark. Princess Benedikte (wearing the Sayn-Wittgenstein-Berleburg Fringe Tiara) and Prince Richard zu Sayn-Wittgenstein-Berleburg.
- King Harald, Queen Sonja (wearing the Norwegian Emerald Parure), Crown Prince Haakon, Crown Princess Mette-Marit (wearing Queen Maud’s Pearl Tiara), Princess Märtha Louise (wearing the Amethyst Necklace Tiara) and Ari Behn.
- Queen Beatrix (wearing the Mellerio Ruby Parure), the then Prince of Orange, Princess Máxima (wearing the Dutch Diamond Bandeau), Prince Friso, Princess Mabel (wearing her Wedding Tiara) of Orange-Nassau, Prince Constantijn, and Princess Laurentien (wearing Queen Emma’s Diamond Tiara) of the Netherlands.
- Queen Sofia (wearing the Mellerio Shell Tiara) of Spain, the then Prince and Princess (wearing the Floral Tiara) of Asturias, Infanta Elena, Infanta Cristina(wearing the Mellerio Scroll Tiara), and Iñaki Urdangarin.
- King Albert II, Queen Paola (wearing Queen Elisabeth’s Diamond Tiara), then Crown Prince Philippe, Crown Princess Mathilde (wearing her Laurel Wreath tiara), Princess Astrid, Prince Lorenz, Prince Laurent, and Princess Claire of Belgium.
- King Constantine, Queen Anne-Marie (wearing the Greek Ruby Parure), Princess Alexia (wearing her Personal Tiara), Carlos Morales Quintana, Prince Nikolaos, Tatiana Blatnik, and Prince Philipos of Greece.
- King Abdullah and Queen Rania (wearing the Boucheron Bracelet Tiara), Prince El Hassan, and Princess Sarvath of Jordan.
- Grand Duke Henri, Grand Duchess Maria-Teresa (wearing the Luxembourg Empire Tiara), Hereditary Grand Duke Guillaume, and Prince Félix of Luxembourg.
- Hereditary Prince Alois and Hereditary Princess Sophie of Liechtenstein
- Prince Albert II of Monaco and Charlene Wittstock
- Earl and Countess (wearing her Wedding Tiara) of Wessex
- Crown Princess Margarita (wearing the Romanian Greek Key Tiara) and Prince Radu of Romania
- King Simeon and Queen Margarita of Bulgaria
- Crown Prince Alexander and Crown Princess Katherine of Serbia