Queen Elizabeth II and the Duke of Edinburgh visited Stirling Castle in Scotland on July 5th. Stirling Castle, Royal Palace of the Stuart Kings, has been the home of The Argyll & Sutherland Highlanders since 1881. Earlier in the day, the Queen opened the Queen Elizabeth II Canal.
The Queen, as Colonel in Chief of the Argyll & Sutherland Highlanders and the Duke of Edinburgh visited Stirling Castle, where the Queen received a Royal Salute by Balaklava Company 5 SCOTS. The Queen and Duke attended a Thanksgiving Service on the 70th Anniversary of HM’s appointment, and later met staff involved in the redevelopment of the museum at Stirling Castle, which was 1st opened in 1988 in The Kings Old Building of the Castle.
The Queen wore pink tweed coat and hat, pairing her customary Three Strand Pearl Necklace with the Argyll and Sutherland Highlanders Badge and the Royal Regiment of Scotland Badge. The Duke of Edinburgh wore a dark suit with a dark tie.