The Funeral of Prince Richard of Sayn-Wittgenstein-Berleburg was held at the Evangelische Stadtkirche in Bad Berleburg, Germany on March 21st. Prince Richard, the husband of Princess Benedikte of Denmark and brother-in-law of Queen Margrethe of Denmark and Queen Anne Marie of Greece, died suddenly at Berleburg Castle in Germany on March 14th. Many members of foreign royal families were present.
In the morning, Prince Richard of Sayn-Wittgenstein-Berleburg ‘s coffin was transported in a grand procession from Berleburg Castle to the Evangelische Stadtkirche, where the Funeral of was held in the afternoon with many royals present, who attended as friends or family rather than in their official capacity. Among the were;
Embed from Getty ImagesEmbed from Getty ImagesEmbed from Getty ImagesEmbed from Getty ImagesEmbed from Getty Images
- Queen Margrethe & Prince Henrik of Denmark (sister- & brother-in-law of Prince Richard) with;
- Crown Prince Frederik, & Crown Princess Mary
- Prince Joachim & Princess Marie
- King Constantine & Queen Anne Marie of Greece (brother- & sister-in-law of Prince Richard) with;
- Crown Prince Pavlos
- Princes Alexia
- Prince Nikolaos
- Princess Theodora
- Prince Philippos
- Queen Silvia and Princess Madeleine of Sweden,
- Princess Martha Louise of Norway.
- King Willem-Alexander, Queen Maxima, and Princess Beatrix of the Netherlands
- Princess Sarvath of Jordan
Note- The fureral was a very sad family ocassion, and in many of the pictures you can see the grief Prince Richard’s family is experiencing. I have respected their privacy and not included those images. My thoughts and prayers are with Princess Benedikte and their children, may god give them the stength to bear this loss.
For more information, check out: