Happy New Year everyone! 2018 has been a wonderful year, with over 1,000,000 visitors on The Royal Watcher, and I’ve had a wonderful time interacting with a lot of you!
After a very busy royal year in 2018, which we have just revisited in the ‘Year-in-Review’ series, there are quite a few exciting announcements coming up in the next few days, and here are some Royal events to look forward to in 2019, more HERE!
- The Danish and Japanese New Year’s Courts later today, and various New Years Receptions throughout the month of January
- Japan is very much the country in focus, with Emperor Akihito’s 30th Anniversary of Accession in January, Emperor Akihito and Empress Michiko’s Diamond Wedding Anniversary in April, the Abdication of Emperor Akihito and the Accession of Emperor Naruhito in April, and the Coronation of Emperor Naruhito in October, which promises to be a big royal occasion
- The Coronation of King Maha Vajiralongkorn of Thailand
sometime after February looks to be a big royal eventin May, with three days of lavish events (details released today)!
- The birth of the Duke and Duchess of Sussex’s first Baby in Spring
- The Wedding of Lady Gabriella Windsor in April and the Wedding of Princess Theodora of Greece probably in the Summer
- The 18th Birthday of the Duchess of Brabant, the 50th Birthdays of Prince Joachim of Denmark, Prince Constantijn of the Netherlands, and Prince Nikolaos of Greece, and the Confirmation of Princess Ingrid Alexandra of Norway in the Autumn (another big royal occasion to look forward to)
- There are also a variety of Anniversaries, with King Abdullah’s 20th Anniversary of Accession, the Tercentenary of the Principality of Liechtenstein, the Bicentenary of the Birth of Queen Victoria (a lot of articles planned for that in May)
- And the usual glittering State Visits and Annual Banquets
I wish you all a lovely year ahead!
As always, if you have any qualms or questions, you can contact me on: