Queen at National Army Museum

Queen Elizabeth II, accompanied by the Duke of Edinburgh and her cousin the Duke of Kent, officially re-opened the National Army Museum in Chelsea, London on March 16th. The Museum will re-open to the public on 30 March 2017 after a three-year £23.75 million redevelopment project.

Regimental Band and New Guard Leave...
Regimental Band and New Guard Leave Wellington Barracks (July 2022)
Embed from Getty ImagesEmbed from Getty Images
Embed from Getty ImagesEmbed from Getty ImagesEmbed from Getty Images

The Queen and Duke of Edinburgh were greeted by officials, among them the Duke of Kent, upon arrival at the National Army Museum. They toured the museum and visited the Army Gallery, where, among other items on display, was they saw the Queen’s own uniform from when she held the honorary commission of Brigadier in the Women’s Royal Army Corps (WRAC) 1949-1953. Afterwards, the Queen and Duke met donors, staff and volunteers before listening to short speeches by the Chairman, Chief of the General Staff and Sir Peter Luff. Then, the Queen unveiled a plaque to officially re-open the Museum. She received a posy from from a child of a serving member of the Armed Forces before departing.

Embed from Getty Images

The Queen wore a textured lilac coat and hat, pairing her Three Strand Pearl Necklace with the Queen Mother’s Palm Leaf Brooch. The Duke of Edinburgh wore a grey suit with a striped tie.

Screen Shot 2017-03-16 at 6.43.39 AM

Leave a Reply