Happy New Year everyone! 2019 was a wonderful year, with over 1,500,000 visitors on The Royal Watcher, and I’ve had a wonderful time interacting with so many of you! After a very busy royal year in 2019, which we have just revisited in our ‘Year-in-Review’ series, there are quite a few exciting announcements coming up in the next few days, and here are some Royal events to look forward to in 2020, more HERE!
- The Danish and Japanese New Year’s Courts later today, and various New Years Receptions throughout the month of January
- The 75th Anniversary of the Liberation of Auschwitz later this month, with a plethora of royal attendees, and the 2020 Tokyo Olympics also promise to be a major royal gathering
- The highlight of this year will no doubt be the 80th Birthday of Queen Margrethe II of Denmark in April, which promises be a grand royal event, and we’ll also feature a series on her glittering jewels. (I’ll be in Copenhagen in Spring, which makes me even more excited for the celebrations)
- Other birthdays include the 60th Birthday of King Philippe of Belgium, the 80th Birthday of King Constantine II of Greece, the 50th Birthday of Queen Rania of Jordan, Grand Duke Henri’s 65th Birthday, the 70th Birthday of the Princess Royal, the 75th Birthday of Prince Hans-Adam II of Liechtenstein, the 80th Birthday of the Princess of Liechtenstein, the 75th Birthday of Crown Prince Alexander II of Serbia, and the 60th Birthday of the Duke of York
- The Weddings of Princess Theodora of Greece, Princess Beatrice of York, Archduchess Eleonore of Austria, and Flora Ogilvy, and possibly some more Royal engagements
- The Birth of a future Sovereign in Luxembourg, and another Royal Baby in Bhutan, along with a couple more pregnancy announcements
- The Confirmation of Prince Christian of Denmark
- And the usual glittering State Visits, Banquets, Receptions and Galas
- In addition, we are also launching an exciting new feature, called ‘Today in Royal History’, which you can learn more about HERE, and have plans to start ‘The Royal Watcher Podcast’ in a few weeks, as well as plans to do a bit of rebranding!
We wish you all a lovely year ahead!
As always, if you have any qualms or questions, you can contact me on: