Happy New Year! 2017 has been a difficult year for me, and The Royal Watcher has been my safe haven the entire year, not only the ‘Royal Watching’ part but also interacting with the community you have created here. You have never failed to brighten up my day!
After a busy royal year in 2017, which we have just revisited in the ‘Year-in-Review‘ series, there is a huge amount to look forward to in 2018, including, but not limited to;
- Various glittering New Years events around the world (including two Tiara receptions in Denmark and Japan)
- The Cambridge Visit to Sweden and Norway this month
- The 80th Birthdays of King Juan Carlos of Spain, Princess Beatrix of the Netherlands, and Queen Sofia of Spain
- Royal Babies in the UK and Sweden this Spring
- The 50th Birthdays of King Felipe of Spain and Crown Prince Frederik of Denmark
- The Wedding of Prince Harry and Meghan Markle in May
- The 70th Birthday of the Prince of Wales
- The Commonwealth Meads of Government Meeting in April
- The Golden Wedding Anniversary of King Harald and Queen Sonja of Norway
- And the usual glittering State Visits and Annual Banquets
I wish you all a lovely year ahead and look forward to your contributions in 2018!
As always, if you have any qualms or questions, you can contact me: