Happy Birthday to Karen Spencer, Countess Spencer, who turns 50 today! The Canadian-born founder and CEO of Whole Child International who is the third wife of the 9th Earl Spencer, Lady Spencer is the current custodian of the splendid Jewellery Collection of the Spencer Family, which include these spectacular Diamond Earrings!
Queen Camilla hosted a reception to raise awareness of violence against women and girls as part of the UN 16 days of Activism against Gender-Based Violence at Buckingham Palace on November 29th, for which she was joined by Queen Rania of Jordan, Queen Mathilde of Belgium, Crown Princess Mary of Denmark, and the Countess of Wessex.
Earlier this month, the 18th Duke of Norfolk, the Earl Marshal and Premier Duke in the Peerage of England, married the Hon. Francesca Vaughan Herbert, and at the South African State Banquet earlier this week, the newlywed Duchess of Norfolk was pictured wearing a family heirloom; the spectacular Sapphire and Diamond Necklace!
King Charles III and Queen Camilla of the United Kingdom are hosting South African President Cyril Ramaphosa on his State Visit to Britain on November 22nd and 23rd, which is the first State Visit of King Charles’ Reign and the fourth South African State Visit to the United Kingdom since 1996.
Today marks the 75th Anniversary of the Wedding of Queen Elizabeth II and Prince Phillip of Greece, the Duke of Edinburgh, who got married on this day in 1947! The British Heiress marrying the Greek Prince, Royal Guests and Relatives from around the world joined the British Royal Family for the nuptials which were the first gathering of Royalty following the Second World War, so we are featuring a guide to the Royal Guests at the Wedding!
When Princess Elizabeth (later Queen Elizabeth II) married Prince Philip of Greece and Denmark 75 years ago, the couple received over 2,500 gifts, which were sent from family, heads-of-state, and well-wishers around the world, which included spectacular Royal Heirlooms alongside household items, food, and clothing. The gifts were displayed at St James’s Palace between November 1947 and March 1948, and were seen by over 200,000 visitors.